11 Questions for A Glamorous Revelation's Liebster Award
1) Why did you start blogging?
I watched the first two episodes of Courtney Loves Dallas, a reality series about a personal style blogger living in the south and looking for a relationship, and realized that their's more to the blogging world than Cupcakes and Cashmere and I wanted to be part of it. The series premiere aired on December 5th (my birthday!) and I started A Glamorous Revelation January 1st.
2) How did you choose your blog name?
I toyed around with a couple of words that I already really liked and ended up mixing and matching them to make A Glamorous Revelation. It's meaning has evolved so much and I can't think of any better name to go with the content I write and the reason I blog. I love it.
3) Do you prefer picture heavy blogs or blogs with a lot of writing?
I don't know really. I like beautiful pictures but I find myself more attracted to blogs that give interesting and thought provoking info like The Man Repeller or Brass Honey. Plus I have Pinterest if I really want to see a pretty picture so I guess I do know.
4) What is the first thing you look at when checking out a new blog?
A button or link to click so I can see the web version. I'm probably on my phone so the first thing I see is your more-than-likely highly inferior mobile version.
5) What is your favorite fashion item trending now?
Bauble bangles! I know they still aren't quite mainstream yet, but I'm obsessed with them. And The Man Repeller did coin the term "arm party" and I have a feeling she had these bangles in mind when she wrote that.
6) Who is your celebrity fashion inspo?
Lauren Conrad and Tika Sumpter. They're both gorgeous and everything they wear looks amazing.
7) Dog or Cat?
Well, I'm particularly scared of cats so I'm gonna have to say dogs.
8) Would you rather be a doctor or a lawyer?
I'm hoping to go to medical school so definitely doctor. The justice system has too many underlying issues for me to ever feel comfortable working in it.
9) Home cooked meal or eating out?
Eating out. I don't really know how to cook.
10) Socal or Norcal?
Never been but I would LOVE to go to Socal!
11) Beer or Wine?
..... I don't drink for reasons soon to be stated. Keep reading!
11 Facts About Me and A Glamorous Revelation
1) I barely watch TV but when I do it's almost always Reality TV. I haven't really been into scripted television for years now and cable has made my exclusiveness reeaally easy.
2) I also don't really listen to music... Unless it's Cher Lloyd. Then of course it'll be on repeat.
3) My favorite book is Bunheads by Sophie Flack. I have a slight obsession with the fantasy lifestyle of dancers and gymnasts.
4) I'm actually still in High School. I used to find it a defining factor of my blog, but then I realized that if I'm a good writer and love what I do then how old I am shouldn't matter and my readers shouldn't care either.
6) I'm a Nigerian American. Dual citizen 4 Lyfe.
7) I have at least 3 notebooks that I write in at all times and constantly use the Notes app on my iPhone but I don't consider myself an organized person in the slightest. Type B and proud.
8) I'm scared of most animals, but I'd really like to have a orange goldfish named Conan and a white goldfish named Anderson.
9) I am a big supporter of shopping small businesses and spending local. EVERY TIME anyone spends their money they are supporting a type of political lifestyle. Know what your money is doing and where it's going.
10) With that being said, I think I'm addicted to Etsy...
11) I've been a soccer referee for 4 years and the very first person I ever followed on Twitter was my favorite women's soccer player Megan Rapinoe. The second was the women's national team goalkeeper, Hope Solo.
11 Questions for A Glamorous Revelation Liebster Nominees
1) What has been your proudest blogging/blogger moment so far?
2) What is one beauty product that you swear by?
3) Instagram or Twitter?
4) What is one item on your Rich Girl Wishlist?
5) What is your favorite movie, TV show, or song?
6) Curly hair or straight?
7) On the beach, in the city, or out in the country?
8) What is your favorite perfume/scent?
9) Who is your celebrity girl crush (I won't judge if it's not Beyonce)?
10) Name one little luxury you love to indulge in (ex. bi-monthly pedicures, Starbucks coffee, an extra half hour for your lunch break on Fridays).
11) What is your all time favorite restaurant?
And The Nominees Aaarrreee....
(To Be Continued...)
Photo from Buzzsugar.com